When work starts to get on top of you, it can be tempting to stay late to finish it. But it isn't good for you: according to US research, you are 61% more likely to suffer work related injuries than people who only do contracted hours. Here are some strategies for getting it all done with out overtime.
* communicate effectively to ensure a job is done properly first time round.
* Finish one task before you go on to the next.
* Delegation pays off over time. Especially if the task needs to be done many times.
* Recognize when you have more energy and do the tougher jobs then.
* A short walk away from the office at lunchtime will improve productivity.
* Avoid very tight schedules: factor in time for unexpected delays.